Do you find yourself humming My Singing Monsters tunes all day? We know the feeling! Here’s a creative way to express your inner monster – join the first ever Monstrorchestra! We are inviting fans of My Singing Monsters to get involved in an international musical mission to recreate the Plant Island song, as performed by… YOU!
Extraordinary submissions will be eligible for out of this world PRIZES, including a brand new iPod touch, My Singing Monsters t-shirts, and more!
Here’s how it’s going to work. You choose your favourite music part, throw on your headphones, record a video of you performing it and upload it to YouTube! To demonstrate, here’s a sample provided by Erick, who voiced several of the monsters in the game.
Here are some suggestions to help you create the best possible submission!
- Try to keep background noise to a minimum so we can hear your performance.
- Keeping in time and in pitch will ensure a high quality submission.
- The more creative you are visually and musically, the more likely your submission will be included in the Monstrorchestra!
All entrants will be awarded Diamonds, My Singing Monster’s coveted premium currency. However, three submissions that impress us and exceed our expectations will be chosen as our Monster Maestros!
The First Prize winner will be awarded a new iPod touch (5th gen), a My Singing Monsters-themed protective case, a My Singing Monsters t-shirt and 1000 Diamonds.
The Second Prize winner will be awarded a My Singing Monsters-themed protective case for iPod model of their choosing, a My Singing Monsters t-shirt and 500 Diamonds.
The Third Prize winner will be awarded a My Singing Monsters t-shirt and 250 Diamonds.
Q: Do I have to follow the existing musical part exactly?
A: We respectfully ask that everyone sing the existing musical part as least once in the video. However, if you feel inspired to improvise, we’d love to see your stuff!
Q: Can there be more than one person singing in my submission?
A: Sure! The more the merrier! In fact, some monsters’ parts have internal harmonies. We would be really impressed if you figured them out and performed them!
Q: How do I perform monster parts that aren’t vocal, like the Bowgart’s?
A: The choice is yours! You can play a musical instrument or think of another creative way to perform it!
Q: What tempo is the Plant Island song?
A: It is 140 bpm (beats per minute). We advise wearing headphones while recording, but it’s up to you!
Q: Which version of the Plant Island song should I use? The in-game song or the iTunes Plant Island- Single remix?
A: Either will work just fine! We’ll do some editing magic in post-production to create our megamix.
- Upload your video to your YouTube channel.
- Fill out the contest registration with a link to your YouTube video.
- Stay tuned! We’ll be reviewing the submissions in preparation for creating the Monstrorchestra!
- YouTube requires that users are a minimum of 13 years of age. If you would like to enter and are younger than 13, please obtain consent from your parents to use their YouTube channel to upload your video, or have them create a new one to which they can upload your video.
- Contest is open to residents of all countries.
- Entries must be submitted by midnight on November 5th 2012.
- Submissions with inappropriate content will not be considered. Big Blue Bubble Inc. reserves to right to determine the appropriateness of the submission.
- More than one submission from a single entrant is permissible, but entrants are only eligible for one prize.
Please read the official requirements and full details right here.